Sunday, April 10, 2011

Munchkins, bee-bops, poppy seeds, mangos...

Let me set the scene for you...


I was on a work trip in Cheyenne, WY.  After our last day's work, I was in my room waiting for my friend to finish his run.  As it was such a nice day out, I left the door open while I read my book.  Suddenly, I hear a knocking at the door and someone comes in with a plate of cake and fruit and whipped cream saying, "room service!"

"I am sorry," I reply, "but I did not order room service."

"This IS room 151 isn't it?"

"Yes it is, but again, I did not request any room service."

"Well, it says here 'we love you, Zoey Dad Bryce.'"

"Huh, I guess it is mine then."

Now, for the all important time travel to an hour and a half BEFORE the mystery room service.

When I was finished with work, I called Katherine expecting her to be home from work.  However, she was still at the clinic...about to have an ultrasound.  She was worried though, that she might find out the sex of our twins while I was not there.  I assured her that I would not be upset and that she should go and see how the babies were doing.  The previous story of my room service was Katherine's creative way of telling me we are now expecting Zoey Rose McPherson (girl) and Bryce Alexander McPherson (boy)!!!


The only correction I had to make was that the plate actually read, "we love you Dad, Zoey and Bryce."

So please, join us in celebrating the anticipation of our twins, one boy and one girl!!

Additionally, this week, they are about the size of mangos, 6 inches and 8.5 ounces.  Their bones are still developing and their brains are forming the ability to interpret their senses.  Although Katherine can be certain that they have both been wiggling for about 3 weeks already, they are now developing the ability to finely control their arms and legs and have started kicking, but not hard enough for me to tell yet.  Bryce is the top baby, streched out with his head just above Katherine's belly button and his legs almost reaching Katherine's right side.  He is our active wiggler and Katherine feels it because he is closer to the surface.  Zoey however is the kicker, most of her movements dulled by how low she is right now.  Zoey's head is just below Bryce's and she is slightly less stretched out.  Both appear to be doing well and we have heard and seen their heartbeats several times now.  We have another appointment in two weeks and we will get more pictures to post then.  Until then, thanks for staying with us and our ever-growing little family.

-Matt

2 comments:

  1. We couldn't possibly be happier for you!! So glad you are feeling better Katherine. We LOVE the names you chose and thanks for all the photos on your website. We love you and your McNuggets!! Marta & Janine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm behind reading blogs, and I heard this story from Katherine over the phone and got all teary...such a sweet way to tell you! But I love hearing your side of it too! Thrilled for you!! lots of love, Aunt Nancy

    ReplyDelete