Friday, January 28, 2011

we are pregnant

Around 3:43 in the morning on January 7, I ran up the stairs in the dark, woke up Matt freaking out to tell him we are pregnant!!!  We were both so excited...I cried and Matt laughed.  It was a very long day because we wanted to tell our families but we both had to work and Matt had his masters class that night!!!  After I got off of work I went over to my doctor's office to get blood work done to confirm everything then I went to the base to get registered with tricare for pregnancy care.  After I was done with the medgroup I went over to Matt's office so we could call our parents!  It was so exciting!!!

We spent the next few weeks trying not to blurt our news to everyone!  We had our OB Orientation for tricare, got several books, and waited for our first appointment.  We finally had our appointment yesterday!  They went through all our medical history, covered some questions we had, did an exam, and had our ultrasound.  Our doctor did the ultrasound to find the heartbeat....he kept going back and forth and finally said "oh, that's a concern".  He then showed us the baby and said "here is the heartbeat...but over here, is the second baby.  Congratulations, you are having twins!"  We were shocked!!!  I had been joking with Matt all week that we could have twins and he didn't believe me...my gut feeling was correct!  We are very excited about both munchkins and to tell everyone. 
.katherine.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! It's posted!! :) I love the ultrasound photo and the recap, keep the info coming! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 Baby McPherson's! Hooray!!!! I'm sooooo excited for you guys! And I can finally tell people :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooo exciting!!!! How are you feeling, Katherine? How often are dr. appts? Loved seeing Matt back on FB too. Isn't it amazing how fast things change?
    love to all 4 of you :)
    Aunt Nancy

    ReplyDelete