Saturday, July 31, 2010

state fair

Hello blog-fans, it is Matt again.  Let me see where Kat left off.........alrighty then.  Well as you might have guessed at the beginning, it has been mostly Kat posting here and I think she has done a great job.  I was able to get a partial day off this past week and we went to the North Dakota State Fair!  Well if that doesn't get you excited then you're obviously not from 'round here.  And by " 'round here" I mean Canada.  So US citizenship aside, we would like to welcome you to our NDSF experience.

We went, as always, with our dear friends the Douglas's. 

While the girls were very state fair appropriate and fashionable, Matt and I were very...Matt and I.

And... Jeff came too.


The following pictures will depict the majority of our activities.  We did bring a professional photographer with us, but somehow she missed the two 5 ton, 40 year old, trick performing stars of the only show we went to.  But, elephants playing basket ball and dancing to music is so commonplace, you really aren't missing much.  What we WERE able to capture is the following:
1) Tigers stalking about because the elephants got all the attention.
2) Giant sand sculpture done to express the unique qualities of North Dakota's abundant beach sand.
3) A rabbit.
4) An awesome sign we found.
5) 3 grown men playing NASCAR on go-carts.
Enjoy.

The "Elephant and Tiger Encounter" that we saw at 2:30 should have been called the "Elephants Only Come Back in Two Hours to See the Tigers Encounter"  This obviously did not amuse the tigers any more than it did us.  Boo.


I don't really have mush to say about this one.  I really don't know why it was even there or why they gave that poor sheep that expression or why they needed to put a leaf over the bull's.....situation instead of just not sculpting one for him or covering it with his own tail.  However, I can say that it was a little impressive to see such a large sand sculpture at our stat fair.


Yes, a rabbit.  There is a building FULL of rabbits.  This is the one rabbit that Katherine took a picture of.  I don't know if that means I am supposed to procure this rabbit and add it to our pet filled home (in other news we did just get a new fish for her, it is another beta, no tricks yet, but it does make a lovely living room decoration) or if maybe this is just the one rabbit to sum up the entire rabbit building experience.  There were pocket sized rabbits, breadbox sized rabbits, rabbits that explain those explosively furry slippers, rabbits with 4 chins, fighting rabbits and even a rabbit that played dead.  There were a lot of rabbits.  This is the one we have a picture of.  Hmmmm.

Awesome sign, need I say more?

Ah, yes, the NASCAR.  Fun times were had by all.  This is us at the start.  This is also a great picture of Matt's game-face.  And while at the time I couldn't see it, this is a picture of me smirking incredulously at him about his game-face.

This is an actual picture of an actual NASCAR fan actually beating us soundly.

THIS is a picture that makes it look like I won.

So, that was part one of our NDSF 2010 experience.  Jenny is now in town and we are going to take her as soon as I am done writing this blog.  No pressure or anything.  And on that note, thanks for keeping up with us and we look forward to reading any of your comments.  Mom, just ask Dad.
-Matt

1 comment:

  1. I do the best I can...and if you can overlook my computer handicap, I will forgive your spelling errors, mmm'k? We always love Katherine's pictures (personally, I thought the bunny was adorable) and your commentaries- you're a funny guy, Matt. And when did you start holding hands with boys? Love you both- Mom

    ReplyDelete