Saturday, August 3, 2013

an angel called home

You know those people who you meet and they are just full of life, so joyful, friends with everyone, and you are instant welcomed into their life?  Mrs. Kim was one of those people.  She and my mom had been friends for years and I am sure I met her sooner, but I remember meeting her when I was in fifth grade.  From day one I was one of her "angel babies", I felt like part of her family, and she was another mom to me.  Mrs. Kim had the biggest heart I have ever seen and loved everyone.  I have always felt so blessed to know and be love by such a kind woman.

When Mom called me on June 22nd to tell me Mrs. Kim had passed away I was heartbroken.  I know God has a plan but this didn't make sense to me - she had fought and won against cancer four times, she survived a horrible car accident, she and her husband just built their beautiful dream home, her three kids still "need" their mamma, she has six grandbabies to watch grow, and most of all...I wasn't ready to let go.  I know it is selfish but I wanted more time - I had looked forward to the possibility of seeing her later this summer and catching up and I just wasn't ready to say "good-bye".  I know I am not the only one - she was loved by so many people and leaves behind an amazing legacy.

On the 29th of June we attended her memorial service in Hinesville, Georgia.  It was hard to say "good-bye" but it was a beautiful service.  The amount of people that come to honor such an extraordinary woman was touching.  She had many beautiful words said about her and my Mom sang a beautiful song.  She would have told us all to take advantage of being together, catch up, and give hugs - which plenty of that was done.  Most of all, we had the advantage of remembering her beautiful life and legacy.

I hope, one day, I can be a fraction of the amazing military spouse, mother, and friend she was in her lifetime!  Thankyou Mrs. Kim for loving me and I miss you.
.katherine.

2 comments:

  1. Ms Kimberly accepted this National Guard Army family with open arms while serving at USNorthcom under her husband "Fuzzy". Honored to be there friend, and know that both Kim and Fuzzy come up in our thoughts, prayers and conversations almost daily (from Kim's angles, to the Fuzzism's we use - BFE, Group Think, Simple Logical Flexible, and FATS). Go in Peace, Go with God. Bob and Nancy Felderman

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lost an awesome sister=n=law. we may have not talk often. but there are times I think back and remember the times when we did.I miss you.

    ReplyDelete