Monday, July 15, 2013

happy second birthday

One month ago our "babies" turned two!  I feel like two is such a big age...they are no longer babies but now toddlers.  Really, they have been toddlers for a while, although Matt refused to call them toddlers until they hit that special second birthday!


I often find myself thinking back to their birth.  However, this year I took a lot of time to reflect on it and feel the emotion of having them at 27 weeks!  I often forget how tiny they were but I find it healthy to remind myself - it puts everything into perspective when life gets hectic and reminds me what is important.  Looking back, I am in awe of the strength that God provided to Matt and I, the people he placed in our lives during those trying times, and how the kids have turned into energetic, healthy children!

This year we were able to spend the kids birthday with family!  We were able to go to my grandparent's house for the weekend and celebrated on the back porch.  We have a lot of family in the area and many of them came over for the day and spoiled the kids.  It was wonderful to share the kids birthday with everyone!

The kids LOVED the cake - what kid doesn't!  Zoey wasn't sure about the candles but she enjoyed every bite of the cake...to include licking the icing off the plate.  Bryce blew out the candles for both of them (with a little help) and quickly shoved all his cake in his mouth.  I think the adults may have enjoyed watching them eat more than they enjoyed eating!!!

After baths and opening gifts we spent the rest of the afternoon catching up with family, playing with new toys, and hanging out.  It was fun to watch the kids play at my grandparents homes and a great relaxing day!

When we got back to Montgomery the kids got their birthday gift from Matt and I - a train set!  They love it.  They will bring us the pieces to make a track, drive the trains around, and then restart the entire process.

It was the perfect way to spend a birthday weekend!  Happy Birthday Zoey and Bryce!  I can't wait to see what age two has in store for us!!!
.katherine.

No comments:

Post a Comment