Wednesday, January 9, 2013

creative mom

Over the last few months I have been taking time to get creative, both for myself and for others.

For Christmas this year I made busy books and actually finished two of the four in time.  (I am still finishing the ones for Bryce and Zoey but they will have them soon.)  Matt and I started making patterns while we were watching the summer olympics!  The books did take a while but I loved every second of making them!  They are very interactive: the owl wings lift to show bugs and another owl, the ribbons can be braided, the numbers have snaps so can be taken off and put back on, the shoe laces can be tied or untied, the mailbox opens and the flag moves, the suitcase is full of clothes that can dress the person, the beads can move and be counted, the clock hands move, the glove can be put on, and the car can drive on the roads.  Since most of us travel a lot to visit our families, I am hoping they will help keep the kids busy in the car/train/plane over the summer.  Here are photos of one of the books!


For Christmas, I also made a car/crayon holder.  I loved making it and it was a huge hit!  One side had a spot to hold five cars with roads for the cars to drive on.  In the middle section there is a space to hold six extension road pieces.  The other side holds crayons and three coloring books.


After we took down the Christmas decorations we moved one of our storage units upstairs and rearranged our living room.  I had been wanting to do a painting for the room for a while so I spend a little free time the last two days making a new piece of art work.  Here is the finished product.


I am enjoying being creative and am glad I am taking some time to do so!
.katherine.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT ALL!!! Wish I had a creative bone in my body! You are amazing! Look forward to many more creations :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All so awesome!!! You really amaze me!! How did you find time? Glad you did!! :) love you,
    Aunt Nancy

    ReplyDelete